February 27, 2006

Gotta Llove a Llama!


Yesterday hubby and I met some friends for lunch in San Juan Capistrano, and afterwards we took a stroll around town. Even though we had no children with us, our inner kids insisted that we stop at a petting zoo.

Since this was not a fiber festival, there wasn't any yarn in sight to satisfy my inner knitter. But there was plenty of cute face. So if I ever decide to make a llama, I'll have this face on file. And if I ever need to be reminded to hold my head up high, I'll look this guy up!

Many years ago, my husband worked with the male half of the couple we lunched with, but they had lost touch. Every now and then I would ask about him and suggest that he look him up. "Yes, I should," he would say, and then more time went on and nothing materialized. So one day I decided to do a Google search and there he was, along with his company name, telephone number and email address. I wrote it down and stuck it where I knew hubby would find it quickly--on the remote! No....just kidding! A rendevous was planned, and we've shared a couple of fun times together with him and his wife when we're on the west coast.

Wouldn't you know....I have another pet peeve. This one is Number 3 on my life list of pet peeves. Car alarms. What's the point? The condo here is on a fairly busy street. It's a two-lane road with a bike lane on each side as well as parking. At least 6 times a day, a car alarm goes off--one of those with a variety pack of sounds. It seems that the least little rumble of a truck going by is enough to set it off. Does anyone ever pay attention to a car alarm? I think not. I am tempted to go over and stick post-it notes all over the car, or spread sticky peanut butter on it. But of course I would set off the alarm, and with my luck, the police would come out in record time and take me off to the slammer.

And if you don't think miracles happen.......Big City Girl found her cell phone. This is the expensive one--a gift from boyfriend--that disappeared from her office desk two weeks ago. I'm not sure of the details, but it has been returned. So I'm suggesting that she find a way to chain it to her belt or wear it around her neck or have it permanently affixed to her ear. And I guess if none of those measures work, she could try covering it with peanut butter.

No comments: