March 30, 2009

Monday highlights

Mr. Gadget and I did some painting this weekend at our old house.
Notice his paint gear? A hat to protect his head from drips, a rubber glove to keep his painting hand clean, and old clothes--probably from the 70's. I call this sissy painting. No hat for me. No gloves either. And if I get a little paint on my clothes, I just call it a fashion statement. There's an added benefit to my way of painting. I can cancel that expensive hair highlights appointment...
Mr. Gadget is short on patience. He thinks a room can be painted in one day. He doesn't get the painting process. He doesn't realize it's messy, fraught with delays, and makes no allowances for spread sheets. So today I struck out on my own. I spent 4 hours painting at the house by myself. I touched up spots he missed and put more paint on walls Big City Girl didn't quite cover. Around noon I sat on a milk crate and ate my turkey and cheese sandwich. Maybe now that I've joined the labor force, I should get me a lunch pail...
When I got home I told Mr. G that from here on out I will be the painter and everyone else can do the other stuff because painting is not for sissies. Well, I didn't tell him that part...heh..heh...
And in other news, here's my latest witch with an embroidered spider on her hat band.
I have another witch in the works, but I'm starting to get weary of witchiness. Maybe I'll venture into sheepiness. Maybe I'll cut out the fabric for a black sheep tomorrow...when it will be Mr. G's turn to go over to the old house--to greet Mr. Plumber and take delivery of his birthday toilets. I asked him if Mr. P was planning to haul the old ones away, and he said he was pretty sure he was. If not, I may have 3 new petunia planters. I hope Mr. G won't decide to call these birthday planters......

2 comments:

Marcia said...

Love the new witch! I'm with you on the sissy painters, too.

Kathy W said...

Seems like you pack more into your days than the younger set!
Nice job on the witch...any name?