March 18, 2009

A day at the zoo

I finished the clay-faced-green-haired witch doll, and have been trying to think of a name for her.
She has the distinction of being the first doll constructed in the Lighthouse.....well, except for her west coast face. From what I hear, some of the best-looking faces are constructed out there.....
I'm pleased with the spider and will likely be using more spider embellishments. I think they make even a serene-looking witch look frightful.
I've never mentioned this before, but Mr. Gadget and I have an elephant living in the house with us. He's been our companion for most of our marriage. In fact, maybe all of it. He might have been a wedding gift come to think of it.

He's really a cookie jar, but because I have a tendency to fill cookie jars with cookies, I decided to re-purpose him. He's our receipt elephant.
Mr. Gadget is very good about feeding him. In fact, he heads up that department here at the zoo. I feed him sometimes, but usually I just leave food scraps around the house and let him fend for himself.

I think these kinds of traditions....if you can call them that.....are really important in a marriage. I like to think it's some of the glue that holds it together. That's why I'm diligent about my zoo duties......
.....making sure the cat's bath water is well-supplied with Q-tips.....

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like the new witch....no clue on a name. You know I'm "name challenged"!

Maddie Can Fly said...

OMG! I have that same Kliban cat in the bathtub. I even have my pillow slips of the flying cat -- do you?

Anonymous said...

What on earth is a west coast face? I have one and don't you dare name that witch after me.....heeheehee

Anonymous said...

As TG, or as I'm also known sometimes by people as "Jeff," I am proud to say the cat-themed bed sheet set with matching pillow cases is safe at my home. I grew up sleeping on that funny cat. Do all of them have red sneakers or does my particular cat enjoy jogging?

Mom, I LOVE Silly Milly! Give her a big bushy blonde hairdo with feathered bangs like Ferrah Faucet (sp?). Then you can still jam pencils into her head but also enjoy the trailor park look!

- tek-gui