March 02, 2009

What's this white stuff?

Mr. Gadget and I arrived back in Connecticut just in time for a big nor'easter. It's cold and miserable, and we're out of condition! And wouldn't you know, I had two medical appointments scheduled for this morning. I decided to call about the first one--just to be sure they were open. Mr. G had very generously offered to be my chauffeur.

"Oh yes m'am," said the receptionist, with just a hint of you're a moron in her voice. "We never close for snow."

So assuming that our second stop, the doctor's office--where I was going for some blood-letting-- would also never close, we slowly made our way down Main St.....
...only to find the office locked up tight, with just a solitary plow truck clearing the parking lot. Can't say I was too disappointed to skip the blood-letting, what with the jet lag and all. It's never a pleasant experience, even in real time.

As you can see, I've launched my new banner. I pretty much figured it out myself, but Tech Guy stood by and cheered me on. Good thing too because my first try resulted in the dreaded red x. And just so you know, I cheated a little. I didn't do the patchwork; it's printed on the fabric. The embroidery is all mine though, so please don't zoom in...

Here's a photo I took from the airplane. You know how I always like to take pictures up there.
It's Lake Erie from 35,000 ft.--from my usual seat 17-A. I may be in a rut, but it's a great seat for picture-taking. Mr. Gadget was able to slide over to 17-C and we enjoyed a rare treat--an empty 17-B.

So now I'm getting ready to make a few witch dolls and I've been having fun with my colored pencils.
It's a good time to give the new Lighthouse a workout. Gotta love a snow day!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Like the new banner. Your Lighthouse seems like a kind of cozy place on a snow day.... SoCal has rain again this week...

Anonymous said...

Aren't you glad you came back to Connecticut?! This is ridiculous!

Like the new banner a lot....although I always got a kick out of the old one! It's pretty easy to change the banner in Typepad, but I really like the one I have now, so it stays!

Enjoy your Lighthouse!