March 05, 2009

Thursday things

Aren't these cute buttons?
I think they look like balls of yarn. I found them at the dollar store.....which is right next door to the grocery store in my new neighborhood. I have no idea what I'll use them for, but that has never stopped me from buying some crafty little trinket....with potential. If I ever make a big sheep doll, maybe I'll dress him in a vest with these buttons. Or maybe I should ask the waiter at the diner....you know, the one with the Elvis vest.....if he might want some. Come to think of it, I've kinda got a hankerin' for a greasy omelette right now...
And what about this? I know it looks like a can of enchilada sauce.
I'm making chicken enchiladas for dinner as a matter of fact. But while I was chopping up onion and celery....and plenty of garlic.....my imagination was working overtime, and I started thinking about the fun I could have with this. Especially if some clay was involved....
And come to find out, I may not need the Remotes for Dummies book afterall. That issue I was having, repeatedly, with my two TV remotes was not entirely my fault. Today the cable guy stopped by and traded my defective cable box for one that works. So I'm out of excuses now.
And because I never have enough crafty things going on, I've started another crocheted ripple afghan. I plan to work on it while watching the University of Connecticut Women's basketball team go all the way to the national championship. Mr. Gadget and I are big fans and, except for just a few measly nationally televised games, we missed a big part of their season while in SoCal. We're counting on them; they owe us.
I've had the yarn on hand for this afghan for quite some time. The colors were chosen to coordinate with Big City Girl's and BCBF's big city apartment....which they no longer live in since their rather unpleasant break-up. So, in keeping with my tendency to name my fibery projects, this one shall be known as the acrimonious afghan...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like those buttons!