March 22, 2009

Spiders on the keyboard

Lookee here! Little silver spiders. It's amazing what you can find at the bead store. See that one on the right? I didn't actually kill it.....I just convinced him to turn over so you could see the little shaft for inserting a beading needle. I should be able to sew these critters very securely to just about any part of a witch.

So today Mr. Gadget and I will be traveling to Tech Guy's neighborhood for our annual kid birthday lunch. Big City Girl will be coming up on the train from the BC to meet us. Her birthday was Friday, and TG's was in February while Mr. G and I were on the west coast. We have no plans to go inside TG's apartment. He prefers to meet us on the sidewalk. This is fine with us, as TG has a turtle and two snakes. I usually text-message him as we are approaching his neighborhood. I could call, but then I have to listen to the silly message he has on his voice mail: "Please enjoy the music while your party is being reached."

After lunch, BCG will return home with us, and tomorrow she and I will do some mother-daughter painting at the old house. Which reminds me, I'd better hide the spiders. BCG doesn't like spiders. Did I ever mention how fond she used to be of inviting all manner of friends over for a sleep-over in our nice, finished basement? Mr. G and I eventually learned we could easily control the influx of giggling teenage girls by merely mentioning that we'd recently noticed a growing spider population...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have a good lunch..hope it's spiderless!

Anonymous said...

How about Wanda for the witch, isn't that original.... Those buttons are really interesting. I've been catching up on your blog and it does still make me laugh.........