March 03, 2009

She could work in the grocery store....

.... you know, that one where they hire clerks with rainbow hair. I think she could give that pink-haired lady a run for her money. She'll have to trade in her cackle for a high-pitched sing-songy voice though. It says so right on the application....
I've been having all sorts of crafty fun here in the Lighthouse today. There's still plenty of snow around, but the sun is out and the wind is no longer howling. Everything that could rattle rattled in the new condo, but it's still standing and that's the important thing.
While we were away, the Mary Kay building was transformed into a lovely shade of green.
It's so much more pleasing, and it no longer clashes with the heavy equipment. Today the big bulldozer shovel thingie moved gobs of snow from the area just to the right of the green building and plopped it down next to our place. Can't complain though. It's better than the job johnny and it should magically disappear in a few weeks.
I've been anxious to get my clay-headed witch underway to see how she'd look in clothes and hair. Not bad, in my humble opinion, and quite different from my usual witches. I'm looking forward to doing a few more clay projects.
Meanwhile, how did this happen?
These are all the remotes that have gravitated to the Lighthouse. The one on the left goes with the computer somehow. I'm clueless. The next two go with the TV. Mr. Gadget reviewed how they work with me last night, and today I could not turn on the TV. The little one is for my CD player. I can play a CD but I can't set the clock. The one on the right turns on my new ceiling fan. I won't be needing that one for a while. And maybe by then I will have figured out the TV. It's not always easy being married to Mr. Gadget.....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't help you with the computer remote (Mac person!) but the two TV remotes I've finally figured out. The black one is how you turn it on. It might or might not also control the volume (mine does). The other one is how you change channels and check the tv guide thing. That one took me six months.....

Karen said...

Welcome home! How do you like all this lovely white stuff you came home to?

Anonymous said...

These remotes go to the corners and multiply. How I don't know.
One of the mysteries of modern life. I resort to going up to the TV, the radio and push buttons there.
That witch does look a little like a retail clerk from my shopping past.....