August 31, 2008

Happy hour

Here's my kinda cocktail. Essence of Bloody Mary without the pesky hangover.

So I got an email from my neighbor--the one with the green thumbs. Don't ya love this updated version of chatting over the fence? She wondered if we would like a few fresh veggies from her garden, or if we were already in downsizing-the-fridge mode in preparation for our upcoming trip. I sent an email reply that, yes, we would love some cherry tomatoes because I knew they would get gobbled up post-haste. Those home-grown ones are almost as sweet and delicious as candy. Well, maybe not chocolate....but whatever.
Then, since I had some laundry to do, I thought I'd throw in this crocheted rose I whipped up yesterday....with the hope that it would felt nicely, and look just like the one pictured with the pattern (Better Homes and Gardens 2008 Holiday Crafts). It didn't quite happen. Maybe because I used the yarn from the red pest, and it's insistent on continuing the pestering. It's 100% wool....which makes it well-qualified for felting...or so I thought. I may have to enlist the help of my fiber mentor.

So Mr. Gadget and I have shifted into high gear on our trip preparations. We leave on Thursday for Copenhagen and that little boat trip around the Baltic Sea. Today I washed his clothes and ironed a few shirts while he carefully, and quite methodically, packed his suitcase. I'm sure tomorrow he'll do the same for me.......

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't know too much about felting those small things, but generally you need HOT water, soap, agitation and.....luck! What kind of yarn is it?

Anonymous said...

Forgive me if I have yes/no crazy comment today (see/sea my journal/blog but don't link it). Labor Day weekend is always big around here. Especially when you have to labor like I did 29 years ago.......Give a great big "hello" to the little mermaid.

PS. What day is it?