August 13, 2008

Crab fest

I'm feeling crabby today. It all started this morning when I had to leave my warm, comfy bed-- after a late night of Olympics viewing--for a blood test appointment. This is always anything-but-a-pleasant experience, since I'm pretty sure I don't actually have veins in my arms.
After one practice stick and then a for-real stick, in my hand at my request, the nurse (who required an assistant, by the way) giggled and said, "Wow, we practically did surgery on you."
"Yes, and without anesthesia," I said. "Now may I please go to the recovery room?"
And if all that wasn't enough, some jerk pulled out in front of me on the way home, and then I got stuck behind a tractor going 20 mph...that pulled into the 7-11. I figured coffee or lotto.....or both. I was sure a few minutes in the treehouse would soothe my soul, but I was wrong.Here's what happens when you try to draw facial features using a gel pen instead of a permanent marker and then try to seal it with some sparkly Mod Podge.
In the great scheme of things, I know these are just small potatoes. It's important to keep things in perspective. After all, if Alicia Sacramone can get over it and move on, so can I.
So today, in addition to crabbing, I've been doing some chipmunking. In yesterday's mail I received a special invitation to a craft show scheduled for Columbus Day weekend. Now I'm trying to decide if the effort of going into high gear on doll production, and the schlepping necessary to get all my characters to the show, will be worthwhile. There's no way to know; it's always a gamble.
Then again, it'll be witch season and I do like to make witches.

I love making their faces and embroidering the spiders.


And rummaging through my bag of wool, I mean roving, I mean locks, for just the right hair.
On the plus side, someone else will do the selling. All I have to do is deliver the goods and then go fetch the ones that don't sell.....but of course that won't happen...heh...heh... On the minus side, I won't be there to pose them with just the right body language. Will they all be thrown together on one table--where there are bound to be some disagreements and maybe even a cat fight? Or will there be someone who recognizes their uniqueness and takes the time to seek out just the right spot to suit each one's personality?
What's a chipmunk to do?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

At least you got that part over with...mine is still pending. And sounds good to have someone do the selling part. I never really liked that side of the selling of crafts. The Great Unwashed, and all....!
How would either the 27th or 28th be for a WEBS trip?