August 29, 2008

Blog fog

What's a blogger to do when she's not in the mood to blog even though there's blog fodder? Slog on I say. So here's what I've been up.
A trip to Yarn Heaven with other Marcia and new friend Karen, where I purchased this cute pattern, but NO yarn. Yes, that is correct.....NO yarn. I couldn't decide on just the right yarn, and it's not like I need a project or anything. Yarn Heaven is a place of infinite choices, and sometimes, though rarely, it just boggles my mind.
Other Marcia gifted me with this sock yarn she dyed herself. Something about winning a contest on her blog a while back. I just love it and can hardly wait to start some socks.
Here's a fun thing I treated myself to.....a new mouse pad, purchased at a gift shop in Shelburne Falls, Massachusetts. If you haven't been to this cute little town, it's worth a trip. Lots of interesting things to see including the bridge of flowers, the glacial potholes, and a new yarn shop called Metaphor Yarns.
And here's an impulse purchase if ever there was one. I'm not a clothes shopper. I'd just rather not. But this suede-cloth jacket reached out and grabbed me. I guess I must have walked too close to the store. On my third trip by, I finally gave in and fished out my credit card.
The Noro scarf (formerly known as the Noro sock) is coming along nicely and should be showing more colors soon. It's lightweight and I'm hoping it will be long enough to wrap several times around my turkey neck.

And in other news, here is Ferna, my Boston fern (named after my grandmother) that has been wonderfully rehabilitated by my neighbor with two green thumbs. You may remember I left it in Tech Guy's care once when we were out of town and apparently lots of tech things got in the way of his plant-tending duties. I've officially given up custody of Ferna....and I'm sleeping better at night knowing she's in capable hands and that there will be no calls from Plant Protective Services....

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

The Noro scarf looks good...much better than socks! As for Ferna, TG isn't the only one who doesn't get along with ferns.....I can't count the number that I've killed over the years!

Anonymous said...

Good golly, miss molly, an impulse shopper you?????
Who'd a thunk it. Like the new wrap! The scarf is good if the yarn isn't wool. Neat color and good pattern......

Anonymous said...

Love Ferna the Plant, Marcia. Seriously.

From Molly -- another descendent of Ferna the Grandmother.

Karen said...

I normally kill any houseplant I tend to also, except one umbrella plant that seems to like it here for some unknown reason.

I think the Noro is going to make a really pretty scarf!

I enjoyed meeting you the other day!

kathy b said...

Haha! Plant protective services. :)

LOVE the Noro much much more as a scarf anyhow, so there!

Happy cruisin. Enjoy it all!