August 03, 2008

And if I did actually have a garden......

Today Mr. Gadget and I met some Palm Springs friends for lunch in Long Beach, and after we were done we took a walk through Belmont Shores--an exclusive area nearby that's built on canals. It was fun to see it up close rather than from my usual vantage point--a Jet Blue window seat on final approach. I couldn't help but notice the huge, multi-million buckaroo homes, but what really caught my eye was the garden art.

If I did actually have a garden, I'd get one of these guys to hold my hose.

And one of these nautical planters......to remind me of my youthful summers at the beach.

A pelican pair would make good front-door monitors.....you know, to keep out the riff-raff.And I'd need one of these cute pigs because, well, he's just so darned cute. Maybe I'd hide a few truffles in the dirt.

And speaking of pigs.......

I finished Priscilla. Priscilla is the name of an apple variety, and since she started life as an old apple juice jug I thought it was fitting to honor her ancestry.

Priscilla apples are known for their very good dessert quality.....and you gotta admit, she's a sweetie!

But most importantly, Priscillas are resistant to a fungus called blackspot.

You may remember this nasty little pig-construction issue. I can only hope that when I see her again....probably some time in January.....she will not have caved in like one of my homemade apple pies, or worse.....an April jack-o-lantern......

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

VERY nice pig!

Anonymous said...

Excellent craft/artwork and nice treatment for the Palm Springs "refugees". They must have appreciated the time away from the "dry" heat. Glad LB looked fairly good that day.