June 19, 2008

We've jetted

Mr. Gadget and I have arrived at the Calcondo. Yeah, I just invented that word....which is a bit unusual because coming up with new words isn't one of my specialties; that's more in Mr. G's area of expertise. In fact, one time I suggested to TG and BCG that we start making note of these new words and produce a dad dictionary. But that's a story for another day.
So our trip yesterday on Jet Blue....where the new advertising slogan seems to be Happy Jetting.....was a good one. We had an on-time departure, on-time arrival and an empty seat between us that allowed for spreading out our inflight necessities. I had a book and some knitting, and Mr. G had his car magazine, a book of crossword puzzles, and his chocolate. I did happen to notice, although I had my headset on at the time, Mr. G handing a piece of his Toblerone to the guy across the aisle. Seems he wanted to know if it was something he could purchase from the flight attendant. I guess Mr. G was feeling especially benevolent....what with our heading off for a few weeks in the Calsun.
So I've been busy getting reacquainted with the local terrain......including the grocery store that employs the pink-haired lady who follows me around to make sure I'm finding everything.....and there are a few things I'd forgotten.
Like my goddess coffee mug. I still have plans to make a doll in her likeness. I'm just kinda stumped on all that buxomness.
....and this plastic apple juice container that Mr. G insisted I keep because he visualized a paper mache pig.
.....and my very own bathroom. No manly stuff shall ever pass through this door. Well, unless I find the need to get away from Mr. G for a while. You know, in case I get weary from his wordiness. I might hole up in here with some of his chocolate.


Oh yeah, I almost forgot Homer. I won him, along with some neat sock yarn, in a contest on Kathy's blog. Homer's supposed to ride on my car dashboard to give other drivers a piece of my mind....if they cut me off or drive too slowly. Of course, they can't actually hear Homer when he shouts, but it lightens up the mood in the car, thereby lessening the potential for road rage. When I push that little yellow button it's anyone's guess what Homer will spew forth. "Your child might be an honor student, but you're a moron!"
Gotta love a little Calhumor.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you had a good flight...we're almost afraid to fly these days! T won't take JB to SLC b'cause it's a red-eye, overnighter coming home. Wouldn't bother me!

kathy b said...

IT delights me that you think homer is as funny as I do. I am so glad i put him in YOUR win! :):):)