June 23, 2008

Anticipation

I've started the socks out of the new Noro sock yarn and the suspense is killing me. Enough of the blue already! The big fun of knitting with self-striping yarn is the surprise of seeing new colors appear, and this is happening so slowly it's like waiting for a red light around here. It's no wonder so many drivers run them. A person could miss a meal. I'm not that kind of a driver though. I abide by the rules. And I'll abide by the knitting rules too......but I may not buy this yarn again. It's like that last stretch of road before Wichita.....

So I may postpone the pig project for now. I hope the muse won't mind. Besides, Mr. Gadget wants to hold on to the packaging materials for his new computer in case it has behavior issues and needs to be returned. Meanwhile, I'll be making a few more tissue paper wedding flowers per the request of the bride-to-be who has decided to sell a few of them on a local street corner, I mean have the reception hall decked out in magnificent floral splendor. Good thing I like making flowers, and that I remembered to bring along my needle-nosed pliers.

And in my spare time, I've been conversing by email with several of my high school friends about our upcoming reunion.

Every summer there is an all-class reunion held in a local park, but it's not the same as one of those typical class reunions where a banquet hall is rented and everyone spends months trying to diet and do the botox thing. No one in my class took the reins or formed a committee or kept a mailing list. But this year word is getting around--many thanks to the Internet--so we're hoping to have more than the usual handful of alums. I've offered to help spread the word. And I can't help but wonder now if I should have ordered some of that #1 prestige skin cream for the neck thing.....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Regarding the sock yarn, there is a trick. You can pull out the first part till you get to a color you like. Start there. Save the yarn you are not using and you can work it in later. There's even a way to get the very rim of the sock to start with one color, while the ribbing goes on in a different color. But, it looks like those are going to be wide stripes no matter what you do!