June 25, 2008

A little more frogging

I've mentioned before that I'm not much of a gardener, although I do spread a mean mulch. Here at the Calcondo it's a different story. There's a wonderful team of groundkeepers who plant and prune and rake up all the clippings and lawn trimmings, and then they leave the garden accessorizing to me. Today, on a trip to the local Joann's Garden Center, I picked up this cute little frog and put him in the front yard between some newly-planted flowering bushes. He may need a friend, so I'll keep my eyes open for a buddy. I don't want to go overboard though. On a walk the other day, I noticed a ceramic bunny sitting near a tree. He was holding a shovel, a broom, and a sign that read, "Don't forget to scoop your poop."
The Noro sock has been quite a surprise. Since my last post, I've read a review of this sock yarn and learned that the color changes are much more subtle than other striping sock yarns. For anyone who has knitted with Noro yarns, I'll just say that knitting with Noro sock yarn is very Noro-like. I'm sure that will make perfect sense to Noro knitters, and very little sense to anyone else. To be honest, I'm a bit disappointed that the most colorful part of this sock will likely be inside my shoe. I will not allow that to happen to sock #2. I have no problem wearing fraternal-twin socks. I mean, how often will I be taking my shoes off in public? I'll just send Mr. Gadget through that other airport security line if he's embarrassed to be seen with me....

So Big City Girl called this afternoon to let us know she's alive and well, and busy preparing a legal defense. Seems the shopkeeper on the first floor, below her's and ex-BCBF's second floor apartment....you know, the one she recently moved out of via the NYC moving van.....

....has decided to take the two of them to small claims court for throwing cigarette butts out their window and damaging her awning. Last time we talked, I gave her my free expert legal advice which I'd gathered from Judy, Marilyn, Joe and the other TV judges. "Take along some pictures and any pertinent paperwork, dress nicely, and be polite," I said. "And if you're lucky," I added, "maybe a big wind will kick up and blow that thing all the way to Brooklyn."

4 comments:

Char / Stitchary! said...

Love the frog. I think surprises in the garden are wonderful things and a little bit of whimsy never hurts! :-) I'm jealous of your socks. LOL

Anonymous said...

Whew...for a minute there I thought you had to frog the Noro socks! They are looking quite pretty and glad the frog is just a frog!

Anonymous said...

My garden frog greets your garden frog.....ribbit, ribbit, ribbit. About the socks, those have got to be for a winter or fall or maybe a northern cruise NOT for a CA summer? And they are multicolored after all. Interesting.

Guess the BC landlord means business or is this just a threat? Didn't he take a security deposit on the apartment? Who wants to pay legal expenses? Just questions from a long time landlady......

Anonymous said...

I reread the post and find it is NOT the landlord but the shopkeeper who is going to court. Too bad, they aren't going to Judge Judy...they might win and get paid too. The landlord must have given out their names? What a fink. The shopkeeper could just replace the awning and take it off as a business expense.......am I not right here. The whole thing sounds fishy to me. Isn't that just like the BC?