June 15, 2008

Tag Sale

Or better known as a garage sale if you live on the west coast.

Yesterday I dumped some junk on my neighbors' driveway, I mean placed a few items on a table in my neighbors' yard, with the hopes that someone would have a need to spend a buck for things I had deemed ready for repurposing. Don't ya love that term? Kinda like pre-owned vehicles.

Well, if I ever get a notion to do that sort of thing again, please just whack me upside the head. Don't get me wrong. It was fun to sit and chat with folks all day, especially my nice neighbors who I don't get to see very often. Where we live, people don't go out much in the winter when it's cold and snowy, and they don't go out much in the summer with it's hot and sticky.
My plan was to place just a few things on a table and enjoy a day of visiting and avoiding housework. But once I started scoping out the house, the treehouse, the basement and a few bags that Tech Guy and BCG had left around, I had enough stuff to put in the back of my station wagon and haul all the way over across the street.

I did sell a few trinkets and 4 pairs of shoes. Mr. Gadget can't understand how anyone would have a hankerin' to buy used shoes.....so please don't tell him about that pair I got last summer at a consignment shop. Did I ever mention, I have a few secrets I keep from Mr. G? Most of them are about just this sort of thing. Oh, and maybe how long things have been in the freezer.

So, today we'll head down south for a Father's Day celebration on Tech Guy's turf. There's a very nice Italian restaurant just across the street from his apartment, and just a short walk from the train station for BCG's convenience. It was so thoughtful of Mr. G to agree to this meal arrangement so I wouldn't have to cook. We'll be leaving mid-week for the west coast, so I'm whittling down the cupboard contents. And I'm not sure what lurks in the freezer. It might be prehistoric....

No comments: