June 16, 2008

Airplane food

I mentioned that Mr. G and I would be heading out west later this week, so Tech Guy's Father's Day gift was a perfect choice.
It will be fun sitting next to Mr. Gadget.....in our usual seats, 17A and 17B, while I eat my small turkey sandwich. Maybe he would be more comfortable eating his chocolate in 2B. Or maybe he could sit in the bathroom. It's Jet Blue, after all......

And Big City Girl gave her father a very funny card.
Good thing he has a sense of humor. And good thing too that his self-esteem is in fine shape, what with his hair issues and all. Never once in our marriage have I ever seen a comb-over.
We had a nice family dinner yesterday at an old Italian restaurant, which prompted Mr. G to recall many holiday dinners at his aunt's house in Brooklyn. After ordering a cannoli for dessert, he told a story of how another aunt used to arrive at these festivities with white bakery boxes stacked and tied with string--one tower of boxes dangling from each arm.

After dinner, we walked out to the car to get a few things for TG and BCG, since we won't be seeing them for a couple of months. I gave TG some burrito filling and tortillas, and some homemade ginger cookies. For BCG it was cookies and a nice travel bag for some upcoming business trips. No toilet paper was requested; none was delivered. Mr. G and I satisfied ourselves that they're looking good and seem to be thriving without the benefit of parental nagging and advice-giving....and trips home to visit the washing machine.

So we'll be leaving on Wednesday morning and that may not be soon enough. On the front page of our morning paper, although thankfully sticker-free, there was this rather alarming headline:

I think I'll be happy hangin' with curmudgeons.....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have a safe trip and enjoy that plane food....better than what I usually bring! (I make a trail mix of assorted nuts, chocolate chips, orange flavored craisins, and some soy cereal. Gets me cross-country, but the Papa, not so much.)

Anonymous said...

Love the photo of the family, Marcia. May God grant you and Mr. Gadget traveling mercies. . . See you soon!
Cousin Molly