June 22, 2008

The barnyard

What a pleasant surprise, I mean a harsh kick in the butt, to open the Sunday newspaper and be reminded of this. It's one of the nasty little secrets of aging for which there is no warning. Nora Ephron apparently came to terms with hers and wrote a book about it.
And if a woman is up in years and decides to lose a little weight....you know, to get healthier and more fit.....this TN affliction gets more pronounced. It isn't fair. I don't think older men have to deal with this, do they? Maybe the ear hair makes up for it.....

I know the plastic surgeon has a sure-fire remedy for it. I doubt very much if the above-pictured product would have much effect.....even if it is the #1 prestige skin cream in the entire world--including France of all places! I think it's just another one of those things that are TGTBT (too good to be true). So I will continue to remain steadfast in my resolve to age gracefully, and will buy more turtlenecks, fancy scarves and big gaudy choker necklaces.

Moving along to other barnyard animals.......Mr. Gadget...heh...heh....decided to buy himself a new computer for the condo. Hard as it is to believe, with all of our flitting around, he does do actual work while we're here. A well-functioning computer is important to him......so he can condocompute. Seems the old one had some ugly issues with his spread sheets. (I'm sure you're wondering how this all relates to the barnyard, but hang in there with me.)

I've tried to convince Mr. G that spread sheets are boring and maybe he should think about adding a little more color to his workday. But as I remain steadfast about my neck, so he remains steadfast about his spread sheets.

Yesterday he carried the computer inside (in a big box that will be properly crushed for recycling to please the curmudgeons), and today he unpacked it and is setting it up--with a minimum of expletives, per my request. (I'm almost to the barnyard.) And inside the boxes, carefully holding the computer parts, were several pieces of styrofoam--just the thing for crafting four legs for a paper mache pig.
I really wasn't planning to make the pig right away, but anytime the muse throws something right in my path like that I think it means I've gotta put everything else aside and pay attention.

Oh, there was something else Mr. G carried in from the car along with the computer.

I guess he knew there'd probably be an expletive or two that would slip from his lips, kinda accidently, and maybe the fragrance of these lovely carnations would dull my senses.....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh, don't EVEN with the turkey neck thing! And you lose a little weight and the whole face falls, too. Just not fair. I'm thinking laser....
Those boxes do not look like Mr. G is a Mac fan.