June 30, 2008

Feathered friends

I've been missing my east coast treehouse visitors, so I stitched up a couple to keep me company here in Calcondo craft central.You can find the pattern here if you want to make a few of your own. These little birdies will nicely perch on a book shelf, or on the edge of a table. You could make a dozen or so to sit along the mantel, or on a wide windowsill where they could keep an eye on their friends. They're very quiet and they don't eat much.
Actually, I lied. One flew the coop today. I gave the bluebird to a friend who took me out for an early birthday lunch. She picked me up, treated me to lunch, gifted me with flowers and a large bag of plums from her garden, and a very pretty red picture frame. In return, she got this silly little bird. But I'll get her back. I have her birthdate written down in a book, which I hardly ever forget to look at....
So we got to chatting about the upcoming reunion....she and I graduated the same year.....and I broke the news that I had heard from her old boyfriend and he was planning to attend. Now that I think about it, I probably should have waited to spill the beans till we were parked at the restaurant. Then, after I got home, I checked my email and there was a message from my old boyfriend with word that he'll be there too. So I guess we'll have to send the two hubbies out for a beer. They'll be bored with all that reunion schmoozing anyway.......

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That reunion sounds like a hoot! My old b'friends went to different schools from mine, so no chance I'd ever run into them, but I'm kinda curious....