June 12, 2008

Pretend gardening

Mr. Gadget stands firmly by the spread-sheet theory of keeping track of things. I say, "That's too boring!" So when I started seeing results on my new weight-loss project, I decided to take a more creative approach.
As of today, I'm about 10% of the way to my goal. Follow along with me, won't you, as I nurture my little container garden along....and attempt to deter slugs and other spoil-sports.

In knitting news, the red pest is cooperating nicely.

Unlike the fronts which were fraternal twins, the two sleeves are identical, although I know one looks smaller than the other. It's all about perspective. See how they seem to be almost enjoying the blocking process? I'm pretty sure it was the threat of Sister Mary's ruler.
And here is an impulsive yarn purchase I made today after other Marcia and I had a very nice lunch in a very nice restaurant down in her neck of the woods. I really had no intention of buying anything, but when I saw this beautiful Noro sock yarn.....something new on the market according to the LYS (local yarn store) lady....I couldn't stand the suspense of not knowing how these wonderful colors would work up into a sock. Knitters will understand this; the rest of you will just assume I've ventured further into weirdness....

So when I returned from lunch and my yarn-shopping adventure, Mr. Gadget related the following dialogue he'd had on the back deck with our friendly chipmunk visitor.

"Dyson (we call him this because he vacuums up sunflower seeds with remarkable efficiency), you're not going to attract any babes if you keep eating like this," said Mr. G. "You're gonna get fat!"

"Not to worry," said Dyson as he was stuffing his cheeks yet again and running off to his bachelor pad in the dried leaves behind the big rock. "They'll love me for my cupboard full of gourmet delights."

Gotta love a guy who can put a nice meal on the table. What's a little spare tire?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It was fun...we ought to do it more often! Sorry if I babbled on and on, but I don't get out much! Enjoy the yarn!