December 14, 2007

Snowman ornie

I was first introduced to the word ornie on eBay. Seems like lots of handmade ornament crafters use it. It's a lot easier to say than ornament, don't you think?

Here is the snowman ornie I made for some friends. Mr. G was a little skeptical when I told him I was going to gift it. But last night when I showed him the finished product, his eyes got quite big and I could tell he was going to be OK with it.
Here's the cute little box I'll put him in. It was just over a buck at the dollar store, and it's just the right size. If the snowman looks familiar it's because I copied it for the ornie. I did make a couple of changes: I put his hands on his belly, since I remember what trouble it was to turn Henry the cat's curly tail. I also made him more colorful because it's fun to stitch with bright threads.

So this morning I made a list of all the little things I need to get done before Christmas, and just before I finished I felt a little tap on my shoulder. It was the muse. She gave me some great cartoon ideas. Not only that, she suggested I might like to make some embroidered figures for mantle decorations. They would be about 6 or 8" tall, with stuffing and some weighted pellets so they'll stand up. She thought a small grouping would be nice to start with. Maybe a Santa, a snowman and a Christmas tree. Then she said she had to run. Something about her condo in Florida.....




3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's quite a"musing"! Cute ornie and gift box, too!!

Maddie Can Fly said...

I love the little snowman "ornie." What a lucky friend to get it as a gift.

Conni said...

Snowman is adorable! What a little treasure!