December 20, 2007

I've been baking!

Afraid not! These may look tasty, but I assure you they would leave a bad taste in your mouth. They're made of fabric and they've been seasoned with my special blend of color and spices, not to mention a healthy helping of fiberfill. I made a dozen of these guys a few years ago, and I stand them up on the windowsills in our kitchen and family room. As I remember, I started with plain muslin and coffee-stained it. After they were done I added cinnamon, but I don't remember exactly how. I know I should write things down, but I'm usually in a big hurry to get on to the next project.

Here's something cute. I found the idea here.
They're small travel tissue holders. I've had fun going through my stash looking for scraps to make some of these. You really can't see the lining fabric on mine, but I used red for the patchwork and domino ones, black for the leopard print, and a yellow corn print for the bees. I've had the bee fabric forever and have often wondered why I bought it. I just thought it was so cute I had to have some. But patience pays off. I think it's the cutest of them all. My neighbor the gardener (who hasn't posted in a while..hint...hint...) told me last summer that bees pollinate the corn. I'll have to see what else they pollinate and then take a look to see if there's any of that in my stash.
So I'd better get back to Santa's workshop. The shopping is all done and the crafty projects are all finished. I see some wrapping in my immediate future, and then maybe some baking of the more edible kind.

2 comments:

Jen said...

I like the bee fabric. Very cute. The bees help with so many fruits... cucumber, pumpkin, or any squash really, beans, ornamental flowers. They are our friends and humans would have a hard time eating without them. So remember that next time you whip out the pesticide.

I haven't posted in a while, this is true, but I have some news to share, so I will be posting soon...

kathy b said...

Well, I almost thought they were cookies. In fact, I did. I thought they were burnt a bit, but still darling. Hahaha. You fooled me! They are so cute.