December 10, 2007

One more.....

Yesterday I finished the knitting angel. Or the knitting and weaving angel. Whatever. I was going to sew a colorful bead to the top of her hat, but decided to make a small pom-pom out of embroidery floss instead. The wings are tea-dyed muslin and I gave them a coat of Mod Podge Sparkle for a little bling.
Now I will take a break from embroidery long enough to make a gift for my hairdresser, who I will see on Wednesday. I have a wonderful pattern for a butcher-style apron that's quick and easy. What gave me the idea was the one-yard piece of black fabric with pink flamingos I've had in my stash. She and her hubby have a place in Florida. It won't take long to make.....but I'm pondering whether I should just use the navy blue thread I have, or if a trip to the fabric store for black is in order. What's your guess?
Big City Girl and I had a great time on Saturday in the big city. The weather was perfect and the crowds were....well CROWDS. Here is a picture of the tree in Bryant Park next to the New York Public Library.
I got excited when I caught a glimpse of this Bryant Park craft fair booth, thinking they were dolls. But no, they were puppets. That's not me in the photo by the way. Maybe she thought they were dolls too...or was just drawn to the booth for the lack of a crowd.

Grand Central Terminal has a wonderful kaleidoscope show every half hour in the main building during the holiday season.

The images move around the room and it's all set to music.

BCG and I met BCBF for lunch at this little red restaurant on the corner near where they live.

And then we visited her office and I got to see her desk. She picked up the phone to make it look like she was really working. And she showed me where she puts her Starbucks coffee. It was a gingerbread latte. She forced me to have one too.....

So now, as I sit here looking out at the icy tree branches, I think I'll get to work on those flamingos. Maybe they'll warm me up. Of course, a gingerbread latte would probably work too.....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did you venture out for the black thread? The light show with music is way cool. BCG looks to be in her element!

Anonymous said...

Okay, I contritely inform you I have caught up with your days. And I LOVE! the angel ornament. It inspires me to try embroidery. I think I can, I think I can....

Of course, I also think I can post this coreectly.

-Linda
P.S. Kudos to the woman who (of course!) says Grand Central Terminal!