April 27, 2007

Spec....tacular!


It was truly an amazing day yesterday. Mr. Gadget, who could just as easily be called Mr. "No-Good-Ever-Comes-From-Change," stepped out of his comfort zone and bought some new state-of-the-art glasses. The lady in the optometrist's office couldn't stop gushing about how handsome he looked in these new specs. As for me, well, I find it hard to even notice he's wearing glasses. They're quite different from his old ones which are now, apparently, very outdated.

I'm glad I don't feel the need to update mine. I only need glasses for reading and toe-nail clipping and things like that. I've managed to amass a collection of glasses from Costco and distribute them all over the house.


They satisfy my eyeglass needs very nicely.....unless I've forgotten where I've put them. I did buy one of those chain thingies a few months ago, but haven't gotten around to actually putting a pair of glasses on it yet. All things in good time.
And while we're on the subject of fruit, I thought I'd share some pictures of some interesting fruit we observed on a cruise to Mexico. The food people onboard are always playing with food and then having a show-and-tell. Here is a collection of watermelons:


And speaking of playing with food, Tech Guy....when he was a younger version living at home...used to carve pictures in his American cheese whenever I'd make him a cheese sandwich. They were often quite intricate, and I would have taken pictures if I had known that the blog was in my future.
And speaking of cheese, it was the subject of one of Mr. Gadget's and my early dating conversations. In fact, I'm surprised he married me after I, very innocently, insulted him one evening by asking him if he knew what a cheese ball was.
So I guess now I should go cut up that cantaloupe before it starts wearing hats or jewelry or something. Hmmmm......where did I leave my glasses?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like Mr. G's new specs...that's the direction I'm heading next time around. Think Costco has those frames? As for the watermelons, those people have way too much time on their hands!