April 13, 2007

Perky Pincushion

Here are the results of the total body lift I gave my pincushion. I'm very pleased. It's amazing what a little collagen, botox and fiberfill will do. And while I had my forceps out (so handy for dollmaking) I also performed a little surgery. Seems the pincushion had swallowed most of my needles over the years.


I now have a lifetime supply of dollmaking, beading, embroidery, and all-purpose needles. I don't know how long ago I made this pincushion. I'm thinking it's been about 20 years. I do believe it will serve me for another 20 now, and maybe I can pass it on to BCG or TG.....whichever one follows in my crafty footsteps. Maybe it will be TG. When he saw the pincushion make-over, he said something like, "Oh, that's awesome!" Mr. Gadget, on the other hand, who might not even know which end of a needle to thread, said, "Do you think it might be time to look for a job?"

I now have two dolls up on eBay. Yesterday I decided to add my latest Red Hat Lady.

Unfortunately certain purples don't photograph well. After doing some editing, I was able to get the purple pretty close to the actual color, but the reds washed out. However, I think I came up with a brilliant solution for future red hat dolls. Since I have a nice selection of purple fabrics on hand, I'll photograph the fabric before I cut out a doll with eBay in mind. This doll looks much better in person, so she would be a good candidate for a craft fair sale.

So our long-time neighbors moved south yesterday to find warmer climates and less snow. They've had their house up for sale for about a month, but so far no takers. They don't seem too worried though because they've buried a statue of St. Joseph in their front yard. Well, I had no idea about this tradition, but they informed Mr. G and I that St. Joseph is the patron saint of real estate....or something like that....and this particular statue has a good track record. Apparently it has made the rounds. Here's the whole story if you're interested, and here's where you can order your own house-selling kit. Now I'm wondering if there are other saints for other issues. I have issues. And I also have a very big front yard.......






1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That pincushion is a real gem there! Storing all those needles for you! So Mr. G. thinks a job is in order? He is so like Mr. H. who has often mentioned the word to me in the past! HA HA. The red hat lady is very nice!