April 10, 2007

Elderberry

The elderberry sweater is all done, but not without a couple of issues. I'm happy with the fit, but not happy with the sleeves that got too long in the washing process. Yes, maybe I should have measured them when I spread it out on the floor to dry. For now they are roll-up sleeves. And then there is that crease at the bottom that forms when I sit. I wasn't expecting that. But it's very comfy and I'm generally happy with it. I'm sure a second washing with more attention given to the laying-out-for-drying process will help the sleeve issue. I am very happy with the neck edging--thank's to the other Marcia who suggested a reverse single crochet stitch. That's what I did all around the dustmop sweater for BCG, so I knew right away it would be a good solution for the neckline dilemma.

I did put ladybug Lorraine up on eBay today. I'll see how that goes. Meanwhile, I've cut out some witch dolls. Make that witch clothing; no body parts yet. I was only going to make a couple, but then I discovered some fun witch fabrics I bought a while back and I had sort of a cutting frenzy.
Then I remembered some mohair locks I picked up at the New York Sheep and Wool Festival last October with witch hair in mind. I'll make sure I work in good light so I don't mistakenly apply this under one of those red hats...heh....heh....


Then, of course, there is my boa collection. It's always nice for a gal to have a good selection of accessories to choose from when she's about to fly out the door.


And don't you just love a good before and after picture? I'm almost reluctant to show you all my sad little pincushion. It's one I made many, many years ago when I was into my needlepoint phase. You can't actually see the needlepoint, but be patient......

I'm going to give it a make-over. But don't expect anything like a Jenny Craig kind of thing. I'll be doing some plumping up. It could probably use a few collagen treatments and maybe a little botox. In a few days it should be looking much more sturdy, shall we say.....

And on that note, I'm going to get my walking shoes on and get out in the great outdoors. I'd walk on the treadmill, but Mr. G. has just finished his one-hour workout on it, and I'm thinking I might enjoy some fresh air.....



No comments: