March 27, 2007

The Tuesday blahs

I seem to have a case of the blahs today, but I was able to put them on hold long enough to list Luella on eBay. It wasn't easy though. Whenever I've taken a vacation from eBay, I always notice they've gone and changed things by the time I get back. I really think they could be friendlier to those of us who like the whole eBay idea, but who have short memories and techno-challenges.

It's been a busy few days here at the Macaroni mansion, mainly due to birthdays and my having set an unfortunate precedent way back in the early years of making them special. I could tell stories of how that has come back to bite me, but I will spare you the sob stories. On Sunday, Mr. G., Tech Guy and I took the train to NYC.


We met Big City Girl and her boyfriend, who shall be known as BCBF until I can come up with a more clever designation, and one that doesn't refer to tallness in any way....heh...heh, at Grand Central Station. It was here that we presented BCG with her bag of birthday goodies, and she generously offered to carry it to our lunch destination.


Between courses of pickles, french fries, chicken sandwich and chocolate cake, BCG opened her gifts and seemed quite impressed with my wrapping job.


After a lovely lunch, we shared some hugs and parted company as BCG and BCBF headed off to the subway, and we three made our way back to Grand Central just in time to catch the 3:50. I love a nice leisurely train ride, but the boys get impatient....what with the audacity of the train making all those stops before ours. I felt compelled to share some mom wisdom with Tech Guy. "You know, if you weren't doing this, you'd just be doing something else."

And as if that wasn't enough birthday excitement, Mr. G. had his yesterday. No train rides were involved, but I did bake him a special apple pie. I'm not sure how well the photo will show it, but I did get crafty with the knife and cut some "Mr. G" steam vents in the top.

So now it's back to the blahs. Maybe I'll just sit and knit until my birthday......

No comments: