March 16, 2007

Frog Blog

I guess I'm going to have to do a little frogging on the first sleeve of the elderberry sweater. I should have tried it on about 5 or 6 rows ago when the sleeve would have been just the right length. That would have been easy enough, since it's knit in the round. Hoping to feel better, I invited this little guy down from the bookcase. Maybe he'll make me laugh and I won't feel so badly about it. I made him quite a few years ago, and I also made him lots of froggie friends. I even made a yellow one for one of Tech Guy's girlfriends. I never heard the story behind that, but at least it broke the monotony.
So today is just a miserable last-blast-of-winter (I hope!) kind of day. Here, you can see that most of the time on a day like this we do get a visit from the mailman. Neither sleet nor snow nor Friday afternoon will keep the mail from being delivered around here.

That dark square hanging down near the bush is a suet feeder for the woodpeckers. I got one of those pre-packaged suet blocks in the pet aisle at the grocery store, but so far no takers. I think the birds prefer the big hunk of suet I usually pick up from the meat case that's cheaper but not much fun to cut up and shove into that little feeder cage thingie. Maybe I'll put the word out to the squirrels.....


I've been up in the treehouse most of the day, working on a couple of red hat lady dolls. I'm trying something new with the hats this time. The brim is always easy to do, but the top part is the challenge. I've stretched some red felt over a little metal tin that's just about the right size, and saturated it with liquid fabric stiffener. I put some elastic around the bottom to hold it in place while it dries. It's possible that regular white glue would work too, and for less $$. I will report on the results. I guess I'm not too old for a science project after all.....

And finally, Mr. Gadget and I rented the movie Borat last night. We heard all the hoopla, and decided it might be a movie we would both enjoy. This is rare, what with Mr. G. being more of a science fiction kind of a guy and me being a fan of chick flicks. I will just say we endured the whole thing, but only because we each assumed the other one was enjoying it. Well, no, that's not really the truth. Mr. G. later told me that he would have turned it off, but he couldn't see the stop button on the remote because the room was dark. Next time we feel like renting a movie, hoopla or not, we'll just take our money over to the ice cream store instead.




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The trailers I saw left me cold...good to know!