March 16, 2006

Why yes, I was an English major....



I thought I was all done with the Minuteman embroidery (daughter's patch for the Christmas tree skirt), but my inner speller started nagging me. "Go check the spelling," it said. "I think you've done a little more stitching than you needed to." Good thing I did. Big City Girl might have been a tad upset with me....especially since I've always been a big cheerleader for correct spelling. Fortunately, it was fairly easy to rip out (can I say "frog" here?) and I used a pen that's easily erased with water. And the fix-it job will be smaller than the original job...heh heh....

I also decided to sew my embroidered cat together today. Then I realized the backing piece had some newsprint on it (Note to self: don't use newspaper as a base when brushing on coffee stain). I got that fixed, sewed the two pieces together, and realized the back and front were different shades......ever so obvious at the seam. More frogging. That wasn't all. I managed to embroider the ladybug on the wrong side of the tail. A little more frogging. The stitching is always the fun part; it's the engineering that usually gets me in trouble.

Meanwhile, I did sketch up some body parts for the sheep doll, and I think I have all the designing done. And I cut out an outfit (the one with the mums) for a Red Hat Lady. Then I decided to get the heck out of my sewing room before anything else could go wrong.

For my next project, I'll start the embroidered patch for my son's college. That should be an easy one, since he went to school right here in our home state of Connecticutt....

No comments: