March 04, 2006

Time to Clean the Fridge!

I'm pretty sure I cleaned everything out of the fridge before we left home five weeks ago, but every now and then I wonder and worry that maybe there was something left in that bottom crisper drawer. And I hope it doesn't look like this when I get home.

Today hubby and I took a little trip to the botanic garden. Even though I grew up in this area, I had never been there. But I don't suppose such a place would hold much allure for a young person. I'm sure it's a destination for school field trips though, which are then followed by written reports that are graded and become part of the good ol' permanent record. I'm sure I have much more appreciation for a beautiful spot like this now that I'm of a more advanced age---unfortunately not sufficiently advanced to get the senior citizen discount.

One of my favorite parts of the garden was the wild and crazy cactus. You didn't really think it was old, moldy broccoli from the fridge did you? If I had the multiple picture thing figured out by now, I'd include a couple more interesting cactus (or is it cacti?) but I'll just have to put them out one at a time, between the embroidery and the knitting, until I can enlist the help of Tech Guy. I'm sure he'll be happy to help me if I bribe him with burritos or cheesecake.

Yesterday I started the embroidery on the Christmas tree skirt patch for my daughter. It will be her college mascot, and I'm pretty sure I'll have it done and sewn on the skirt in time for Christmas. I'll give it a scan tomorrow and share the progress. I'm a pretty speedy embroiderer because it's fun and relaxing, and it causes me to let the housework go. Maybe I could take my embroidery up to the botanical garden and find a nice bench in the sun and just stitch while I listen to the birds.....

No comments: