March 17, 2006

Go Hug a Leprechaun!



Happy St. Patty's Day, and I hope you're wearing green! I am. I'm wearing my bird socks. They're the ones I knit out of yarn with color called "Toucan" and they definitely have green in them.....more like neon green. I think I'd be safe crossing the street as long as my socks were visible. And they are toasty warm too. I knew I'd have another chance to wear them.

I made this little guy a couple of years ago, and I've sold a few. On a day like this, especially on the east coast, everyone is Irish! I think he looks kinda cute sitting on the stump. I'm not sure, but I think a leprechaun's 'hood must look something like this. And if I do end up making the doll calendar, I think he'll definitely be my March guy.

Yesterday, hubby and I got this wild notion to do a spur-of-the moment trip to Martha's Vineyard this weekend. We've never been, and we have an big (25) anniversary coming up the first week of April. Yeah, I guess we could wait and go then, but on April 1, the prices on everything Vineyard-like go up.....almost double. They must think it's the start of summer or something. So we scurried around and got hotel and ferry reservations, and we'll be sure to pack our winter clothes. I think it's going to be in the high 30's.

I've also noticed that there's a fabric and yarn store on the island, so you know I'll be stopping in there for a peek, even though I'm sure there won't be any bargains. But you never know. It is the off-season.

So I'll be back on Monday with a report, and maybe a picture or two. Well, make that a picture. And speaking of things green........I hope the sea is nice and calm for that ferry ride.....

No comments: