June 29, 2010

Haute Cuisine

Here's my latest creation.....hot off the griddle. I think I'll call him Spud.
He has separately attached ears and bendable fingers--both firsts for me. I thought he (like me) might need some specs for reading recipes. And he should be able to get a good grip on his whisk for mashing all of those potatoes.
Spud has big hands--with pipe cleaners in the fingers to make them bendable. Kinda makes me think of Sister Mary and her ruler. Spud is a real stickler for order in his kitchen.
After I sewed his hair on I decided he'd be more whimsical with a bad-hair-day look so I frizzed some of it out. You know how steamy kitchens can be.
Then I pondered a shoe solution. Sneakers? White loafers? Bunny slippers? Finally I decided he'd look really silly in black patent dress shoes with orange striped socks. After all, silly is frequently my bottom line.
Things are certainly smelling divine here in the Treehouse. I love a chef who's liberal with the garlic and wine.


Maybe I'll invite the men over for lunch.

No comments: