June 24, 2010

Look who dropped by

A red hat lady.....just completed this afternoon. She went together very quickly because I already had some of her parts on hand.

I strung the pearl necklace from craft-store beads; the earrings were a dollar-store find. My supply of this inexpensive jewelry is dwindling fast. I think they're on to me. They've raised their prices, and in some cases discontinued carrying it altogether.

I used my new shoe-decoration idea. Unfortunately, the top foot has some tea-dye splotches. I might make a replacement since a potential buyer could view this as a flaw. Then again, maybe I'll just write a note on the tag saying she spilled her coffee while watching her favorite soaps. Yeah, that's the ticket.

The clay witch project sits as I ponder what to do next. She's looking a little bawdy, shall we say. I need to either do some serious sanding, or just throw caution to the wind and add more clay.

What's cookin' next in the Treehouse? Potatoes. I'll hold the gravy.

No comments: