June 17, 2010

Engineering marvel

I've mastered the bird legs. I've successfully attached them to the body. I even managed to convince him to stand upright. I think I'm ready to build bridges.
He just needs a little more sanding and then he'll be ready for coloring. Too bad I didn't save the Easter egg dye. Does Crayola still make crayons in robin red breast and robin gray wings? What? They never made those colors? I coulda sworn....

Here's my next project. It's a witch, but you probably already figured that out. Good thing I'm not in a hurry. Witches have lots of parts and it's going to take me a while to figure out where they all go.
My clay figures are not pretty in their infancy. I start with styrofoam and wire, and plenty of aluminum foil. Clay adheres well to foil. Any little things you can cobble together and cover with foil will work fine for a skeleton. All will be well-hidden once she's dressed in a glitzy get-up--you know, unsightly veins, love handles and cellulite.
Which reminds me. I'm back on Weight Watchers and making good progress. Mr. Gadget has graciously agreed to be my love handle-o-meter. I'll watch the scale, and he'll monitor the love handles. He says it's a tough job, but an important job. And now that he's retired, he assures me he has plenty of time.

No comments: