December 09, 2009

Snow....thanks, now that's enough!

We got a little snow overnight. I'd say 5 or 6 inches. It's supposed to rain the rest of the day, so soon it will be a muddy, slushy mess. For some reason, we've been red-flagged. I have no idea why, unless it's a warning to others about our vicious attack dog.

Mr. Gadget is not pleased that the plow driver did not move our garbage and recyclables to clear the snow from the entire driveway.
But I say he should go out there and shovel this little patch of snow himself....so he doesn't forget where he came from.
Yesterday I stitched up a runner for the dining room table.
This was easy to do. I measured the length, from point to point, and the width I wanted for the finished runner. I made a pattern out of newspaper, allowing for 1/2" seams, then traced around it (actually I used a straight edge for most of the length). I stitched all around, leaving an opening (long enough to get my hand inside) for turning. Then I turned it, pressed it, and hand-sewed the opening closed.
I started another clay piece.....this time a snowman.
I haven't decided yet whether he'll do part-time plumbing work. I suppose I could make the cute little cheeks my signature. Then, years from now, if one of my pieces shows up on the Antiques Roadshow, there will be no doubt it's a genuine Macaroni.
And finally, I saw a fun movie last night. It was definitely a chick flick, so Mr. G moved as far away as he could....to the room with the other TV where he could watch science shows and a smattering of football. The only actor in the movie I recognized was Andy Griffith and, I must say, the man has come a long way from Mayberry.
Well, gotta run. I'd better go rein in my vicious doggie.

3 comments:

Marcia said...

You got a bit more than we did, and yes, we will have our first official snow plow bill of the season, oh, joy. Not a clue on the red flag, unless it was because of the trash and recycling totes! My floors are FINISHED....wanna come for lunch one of these days?

Kathy W said...

Snowbirds, Will you being flying south for the winter later on? The clay sculpting is very nice and the idea for macaroni trademark so to speak is very cute! Thanks for the movie tip, too. Keep warm in the Concondo!

Graphic Design Service said...

Perfect Clipping path service means a lot to this professional business purpose. Do Visit to have more knowledge about unique service.