December 04, 2009

The fun continues....

I started the most fun part of the clay project today--painting Santa's clothes on. He won't be wearing a traditional Santa suit. Maybe you noticed. He'll be strictly a non-traditional Claus.

Do you think I should give him a tool belt? Maybe he could do a little plumbing work in the off season.

A couple of days ago, while I was out taking a walk, I noticed that a resident's front door and porch had been seasonally decorated, shall we say, way over-the-top. This got me to wondering which one of our neighbors could possibly have that much exuberance. I checked the condo directory when I got home and I'm pretty sure it's the woman who dressed up like a Christmas tree for the Halloween party. I remember asking her that evening if she had made the costume herself, and she proudly stated that yes she had, even though she hadn't sewn for years and years. She must have hidden a battery pack somewhere under her branches because she was flashing festively. It's gotta be the same woman, don't you think? Exuberance like that doesn't come along every day--expecially among those in our age group.

So tomorrow is the trim-a-tree party--where Snornie will make his debut--and I'm wondering if this lady will decide to wear her Christmas tree. Then again, maybe she's had her sewing machine busy since Halloween making a great pumpkin outfit for the occasion. If she's dressed in regular clothes I might not recognize her....and I really want to ask her if that condo with the garish, I mean festive decorations is hers. I'm sure you'd really like to know too. Then afterwards, I might introduce her to the porch poker lady. I'm sure Christmas tree lady doesn't realize she has a decided advantage at the moment. Porch poker lady probably thinks she's sitting pretty with her one lighted snowman and two wreaths...

2 comments:

Marcia said...

You need to post pictures of your neighbors' projects! I especially want to see Over The Top Christmas Tree Costume Lady!

Kathy W. said...

Next door to us, I think that they, who are overthetop middleagers, are environmentalists because they may have purchased those new solar lights for their whole snow look. We, here, are recyclists for the "environment". No one needs to use plastic materials to make "new" environmentally friendly lights. I must say it looks like regular snow more so than ever tho!