December 31, 2009

It's not about the cat

Mr. Gadget and I will order pizza for dinner tonight and stay in for a quiet New Year's Eve. He tells me he has a bottle of champagne chilling, so we'll have a toast and hit the sack about ten. Did you know that 10:00 p.m. is the new midnight?
My 91-year-old aunt (dear-ol'-dad's older sister) recently wrote her memoirs and she sent me a copy for Christmas. I started reading them yesterday while I sat in a chair at the hair salon waiting for my hair color to process. They were so engrossing I missed out on all the gossip.
This year I kept a list of all the books I read. I finished one this morning for a grand total of 34. Some of my favorites were The Guernsey Literary & Potato Peel Pie Society, The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, and Married: A Fine Predicament. Next year I'll go for 50.....or maybe 35.

Tomorrow will be my 4th blogiversary. It tickles me to think I've been doing this for so long. It's one of the most fun things I do. The world has become a serious place, and I like to think I've carved out a small slice of silliness. Thanks for coming along!

3 comments:

Marcia said...

LOVE the cat! Congrats on your "blogiversary"! And Happy New Year: Terry went to bed around 8 and I'm just finishing up some things in the kitchen for tomorrow. No champagne or bells and whistles!

Kathy W said...

Happy New Year and thanks for all the blogging. I've enjoyed being your reader! And seeing all your neat crafting work, too! Mr. H stayed up to midnight and ran his trains in honor of the occasion. I went to bed around 9 pm and thought I'd get up at 12 but I missed the whole thing because I didn't awake until 12:45 am...next year, I say. Love the listing of books you've read and I'm thinking of going back some to blogging......FB is getting a bit boring!

Maddie Can Fly said...

Love the cat -- you're really getting good at this clay thing.

Happy New Year also!