December 07, 2009

Need a plumber?

The clay Santa is finished and I'm very pleased with how he came out, especially considering he's my first attempt at doing a project with an armature. I'm not crazy about the blue mittens. I think they'd look better in a different color but I couldn't decide which one. So I've decided to just leave them blue, rather than try to re-paint them and screw up the works. We'll just call him the blue-mittened Santa.

Here's his back side, although from this angle you really can't appreciate his cute red cheeks.

Christmas Tree Lady was a no-show at the trim-a-tree party. I had so hoped she would be there. I did introduce myself to Porch Poker Lady, and I showered her with compliments on her gardening skills. At some point during the course of the evening, or maybe it was more like six months ago, I realized that word of the blog might eventually get out and it would probably be wise for me to be nice. Maybe I should invite them both to tea...

On Sunday morning Mr. Gadget and I took a ride to check out the craft show. I was curious to see if my dolls were flying out the door. From my best assessment, as of 10:30 a.m. four dolls had flown the coop.

I wasn't terribly pleased with how they displayed my dolls this time around. While the angel looked great on the old piano (organ?), I wasn't crazy about dolls in the tree.

I think they look better when seated on something....a table, a mantle, or a bookcase. There were lots of places like that around the hotel. Also, for some reason, they didn't use the doll chairs I sent along with them. I might have to make a friendly suggestion next year. Unless when I show up next weekend to gather up the unsold ones and my check, I discover there's only a check. Then I'll reconsider my opinion about the tree thing...

9 comments:

Marcia said...

Well, the Santa came out great (I'm remembering black leather mittens with white fur?) and I agree on the doll placement. They look way better sitting on something!

Conni said...

He's wonderful - and I like the blue mittens!

Unknown said...

Firstly, Merry Christmas to you in advance. The santa which you crafted is really great to look at.And I think you need a plumber immediately I advise you to visit Mr. Speedy plumbing your problem will be solved.

Shelley said...

The Blue Angel came to live with me in Idaho this week! She is precious :)

Unknown said...

ما تهتم به شركة كشف تسربات المياه بالرياض هو البحث عن كيفة علاج مشاكل تسريبات المياه التي تطرأ علي المكان فجأة بواسطة اجهزة الكشف الحدية التي تستخدمها شركة كشف تسربات بالرياض والتي تسعي للوصول الي افضل النتائج المثالية القادرة علي حل هذه المشكلة بدون تدمير فالاعتماد علي الاساليب الحديثة يساعدكم في الحصول علي نتيجة مثالية في مصلحة العميل فنحن لا نكتفي بتقديم هذه الاعمال في مدينة الرياض فقط بلا لدينا الفنين المتميزة الذي يقدمون شركة كشف تسربات المياه بالدمام التي تعمل علي حل مشكلة البيت بدون الاعتماد علي ا اساليب تقليدية التي تستخدما بعض مقدمي خدمة شركة كشف تسربات بالدمام فلا تتكايل بشأن هذه الاعمل بالذات لانه يحل لك الكثير من المشاكل

faresfares864 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
faresfares864 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Shadow Creation is the process to change the color of an image or video..Shadow Creation It means correcting the lighting, white color balance, red or blue color balance, so that the image looks more clear or natural

Anonymous said...

Shadow Creation is the process to change the color of an image or video..Shadow Creation It means correcting the lighting, white color balance, red or blue color balance, so that the image looks more clear or natural