February 03, 2009

It's February. Don't forget to hug your exterminator.

How did February get here already?I know it's February because I brought my calendar with me to the Calcondo. Without the calendar, I'd have no clue what time of year it is because the weather is always pretty much the same here---high 70's and sunny. I must remember Tech Guy's birthday on the 16th. I should probably write it on the calendar so I don't forget to remember. Sometimes I remember to write things on the calendar and then forget to look at it. I've occasionally been scolded.
So now that it's February, I've had hearts on my mind. Here are a few felt ones I've been working on.
They will be slightly stuffed and have ribbon hangers attached. Too bad I have no place to hang them. I may have to put the Christmas tree back up....

So last night I was watching Larry King because I was curious to learn more about the woman with 8 babies, and how she was going to manage them all, plus the 6 she already has. Prospective parents should be required to take a sample dose of teenages-in-the-house before they are allowed to start a family. Now there's a reasonable idea, don't you think?

Anyway, it was approaching 10:00 p.m. when there arose such a clatter I was startled out of my comfy spot on the couch. It seemed to be coming from Dolly's condo next door. If I had to guess, I would say that Dolly was standing on a stepladder dropping 10 lb. bags of flour on her kitchen counter. And she must have had at least 20 bags.

This morning I noticed the exterminator's truck pull up and drag a hose of some kind up toward her back door. I'm thinking those must have been some big ol' bugs.....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yikes! I'd find out just what kind of bugs those were! But, I should warn you about these California weather reports: Karen and I have decided that, should you keep this up while we are shoveling yet more snow, you might just find yourself left on the side of some country road up in Massachusetts next time we go to WEBS!