February 21, 2009

Fabric fest

Today I took a solo road trip out to Anaheim to the better-than-Disneyland fabric store. It's called M & L Discount Fabrics and it's located on Ball Rd. just east of Knott Ave. in case you're in the neighborhood and have a hankerin' for a fix. I used to make this pilgrimage with my friend Barbara, who now lives in Arizona and flat-out refuses to drive over and meet me there....even if I buy lunch. Mr. Gadget drove me out there once or twice, but did I mention he could just as well be called Mr. He-Who-Hates-To-Wait? There's nothing worse than shopping for fabric while worrying whether Mr. HWHTW has finished reading his Scientific American and has moved on to finger-tapping...


I did buy a few pieces. I see no point in making the 40-minute trek, while dodging freeway pot-holes and steering clear of maniacs behind the wheel, without coming home with a little something.

I'm not sure I'll be able to get all this loot in my suitcase next weekend when we head back east. But Mr. G has assured me he'll have some room in his should I need it. He has amassed a nice west coast wardrobe and hardly ever has to pack any clothing for our trips out here. I, on the other hand, must pack inaccordance with my size-of-the-day. I don't actually have those little size-marker circle thingies in my closet, but they might not be a bad idea.

So tomorrow I will share a few pictures of my new clay doll. She's looking much better than doll number one, in my humble opinion. I'm planning to give her as a gift later today, so she remains under wraps for now as I never know who may be lurking.....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your clay doll does look good and that fabric store is quite the scene! Been there one time myself. So where will the next cruise be? I like the way you both keep busy in your "retirement"!

Anonymous said...

Oh, my! That looks like my kinds of place! Great fabrics! Can't wait to see the new doll....

Maddie Can Fly said...

WOW! Now that is a fabric store! I'm sojealous, but I'd probably be so overwhelmed at all that fabric that I wouldn't be able to pick out anything.