February 23, 2009

Stella

As promised, here is my latest clay-on-cloth creation. I named her Stella.....well no, not exactly. She told me that was her name. While I was making her. That didn't happen with Doll #1, so she remains nameless. I'm sure she was just mad about the wonky eye and has decided not to talk to me.
Stella's eyes are not perfect either, but they are an improvement. It seems that practice is the name of the game when it comes to sculpting with clay. I'm anxious to try something different now, but I'll have to wait till I'm back in the Lighthouse. I'll be spending the rest of this week picking bits of clay out of the carpet....
So yesterday I took a walk around the condo complex, and I noticed a few things. Remember that big flowering plant that was so infatuated with the cactus?

Sadly, they have gotten a divorce.
And look at this nice, comfy chair on someone's balcony.


I never see anyone sitting in it. Do you think they'd mind if I plopped down for a few, with my knitting and my coffee?

Here's an interesting trio, sitting on the sidewalk just up from the road. I'm intrigued by the care someone took to line them up so neatly, when most litterers would just toss them to fall where they might. Maybe it's their way of showing a tiny bit of respect for the rest of us who must provide maid service....
Here's something just a little crazy. Unfortunately today is the deadline, but maybe I still have enough time to knit up a little hat for a lonely cactus.....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Definitely better! (Is that a self-portrait? If you look at your profile pic next to Stella, there is a resemblance!)

When do you head back east?