February 12, 2009

The girls

I call them the seven scary sisters. They're witch heads. Don't you think those little mouths look like tiny Valentines? I promise I'll stop making hearts and parading them around the world soon. It's just that I don't have a knitting project at the moment, so I make them while I watch TV with Mr. G in the evenings.

Dear ol' dad had a color-coded push-pin system for keeping track of his travels. Yellow if by land, red if by sea, white if by air.

I can only wonder what he'd say if he knew I was having a little fun with hearts on his very dignified map?

So, I've been hard at work here in my anatomy lab making body parts. They'll be easy to transport in a suitcase. I was planning to make a few arms too, but I'm not quite familiar enough with my west coast sewing machine to maneuver the needle around the little hands. My east coast machine is comfy like an old shoe. We go way back.

Mr. G and I are busy preparing for a visit from his brother and wife who will be driving down from the north on Saturday. The easiest part of this getting-ready process was calling for dinner reservations at one of our favorite restaurants.

The hardest part is still ahead. I promised Mr. Gadget I would crate-up my craft supplies and move them to the back closet where they will be conveniently out of sight. I will then dust and vacuum up all of my threads and fabric scraps, and any other evidence that might suggest a crafty person lives here.

There might be some nasty withdrawal issues. I'd better start practicing some deep breathing....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love that map...wish I had a few more pins in my mental trip map! Wonder what the TSA is going to say about all those body parts in your luggage!

Anonymous said...

Ha, ha, ha, ha, you are so funny!

Anonymous said...

Hey, Marcia. My dad had the same map in his office. Over the top of it, he printed in his signature big fat block letters: WHERE IN THE WORLD HAVE I BEEN?

Wonder if he got the trip-map idea from your dad? Or maybe your dad got the idea from my dad?

Didn't we have smart dads??

Cousin Molly