February 17, 2009

One for the record book

Look what Mr. Gadget found in his cereal today. It's a giant raisin bran flake. Maybe we should try to sell it on eBay. Maybe we should scrutinize it first to see if there are any famous faces hidden in it. Or maybe not. Mr. G ate it before I could suggest any possible money-making schemes. See those nice blueberries? I'm diligent about keeping him well-supplied with those.... so he'll continue to be of sound mind till sometime after I've lost mine...
I've started another clay-on-cloth doll.
So far, this one is looking better than the first one. I have yet to put the cheeks and chin on, so I'll reserve judgment for now. She'll be a gift, if she turns out OK, with lots of primitive charm.I decided, mid-blog post, to finish the clay application so I could let her dry overnight. Here she is with her face filled out and her hair in place. Tomorrow I'll start the painting process. I found a pretty print fabric for her skirt, so I'm hopeful of having her finished in time to give away this weekend. One of the trickiest parts of doing a face is making sure everything is symmetrical. If not, well, that's why there's that category called primitive.

So I guess I shouldn't really say anything about this, but I know you'll all find out sooner or later. Mr. G talked me into another cruise. It's coming up pretty quickly, but we should have enough time to return to Connecticut, unpack our suitcases, and at least wash a few clothes. And check the mail. And wave at a few of our new neighbors as we go by. It departs mid-April. More details will be forthcoming, but first I need to see about getting this darned clay out from under my fingernails.....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

ANOTHER cruise? That's gonna mess up our WEBS schedule! Unless you need some knitting to take....

Anonymous said...

Wowee, where to this time? I'd like to go too. Probably can't though.