January 31, 2009

Playing with clay


I finished my clay and cloth doll, and I'm fairly pleased with my first attempt. I learned the technique on Gritty Jane's online workshop. You can find all the particulars here. I tried not to judge myself too harshly on my first doll, but to use her as a learning experience. The great thing about primitive dolls is that just about anything goes.
I'll take her back to Connecticut and put her on the new mantel. No one will notice that weird eye unless they get up close. I may even touch it up a bit.The whole process was lots of fun, and I'm looking forward to trying another.....so stay tuned.

I meant to unveil the red felt thing I hinted at in my last post, but wouldn't you know....I didn't save the picture. Can I blame it on the computer? It was a Valentine ornament and I'll be making more, so stay tuned for those too.
Meanwhile, I'm working on an article. The local newspaper here invites people from the community to submit short pieces, and they choose one to publish each week. I got the crazy notion to try my luck. I figured I'd treat the whole exercise like a blog post....so how difficult could it be? Heh...heh... Stay tuned for that too, but don't hold your breath.....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey, who knows? Maybe a new career for you! Love the doll....the outfit is just stunning. The eye is....not as noticeable at all. How would she look in glasses?