May 22, 2008

Spring cleaning...heh

I've been doing a little tidying in the treehouse, but let's not call it spring cleaning, ok? I've always thought of that as some sort of seasonal disorder.
Last Sunday, on a trip to Michael's to take advantage of a 50% coupon (more on that later), I purchased these in anticipation of tidying up this:I've always assumed this kind of tangled mess was unique to me, but I've recently learned there are others who share this propensity for untidiness. It happens when the muse drives a stitcher to dive right into a new embroidery project. And when this has happened multiple times, well, there's all manner of disorder.

Then this morning when I stopped at Target to purchase supplies for the special order travel tissue holders.....
.....I found a cute and colorful metal bucket for only a buck. It's just the thing for keeping a tidy button collection.
Then I made my way up the road to Weight Watchers. My weight needs a tad bit of tidying too. Just a few years ago, after decades of struggle, I reached my goal. Then this happened....
.....and I just continued to cruise along like I'd never gotten off the boat. So today, for the record, I've officially disembarked.

Oh, and that 50% Michael's coupon I mentioned before? I decided to use it on the purchase of quilt batting. And since I have no intention of packing that in my suitcase, I'll keep the food quilt project here on the east coast. So now I'm thinking, maybe I need a little more yarn.......

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I need some tidying up done here, too...let me know how YOURS goes!

Anonymous said...

Marcia, Marcia, Marcia

You are so clever! PTCS...what a concept....

Right now I have PTCDS (post traumatic creepy disease syndrome) and it's just NOT the right time (altho the scale weighs in lighter so I've actually been "springing" with the cleaning and the silver lining is that the arthritis has lessened but the pain in the rear remains) for me to UNRAVEL and/or TRAVEL. (Love Mr. G. looking on in cartoon).

kathy b said...

Good luck with Weight Watcher revistited. It is just the greatest food plan out there. I ve never done it but as a nurse, I know it is for real. Im still trying to wee tiny bite......