May 05, 2008

Road trip

Mr. Gadget and I have now firmed up our travel plans, and we'll be leaving Wednesday morning.
We'll be visiting Mr. G's brother and family in Wichita and celebrating my sister-in-law's completion of her master's degree. We've been to Wichita once before, with BCG and TG in tow, and didn't expect to enjoy it as much as we did.....it being the prairie and all.....with all that corn. So we're looking forward to our return trip, but to be perfectly honest, not to all that driving to and fro.
There's something very important to remember about Wichita and it's that you should never spell it Witchita.
I couldn't help noticing an interesting little town on the Kansas map, not too far from our route.
See that little town called Bazaar? Isn't that bizarre! I wonder if they're known for bazaars? I suppose a person who likes to shop at such places could get hung up there for a day or two. And I guess if there were some interesting street performers, like maybe belly dancers, quite possibly Mr. G wouldn't mind if I did a little browsing....

I'll be sure to make note of other interesting town names along the way. I'll have the laptop on this trip, so I'll be able to report on any important breaking news .....like how high the corn is growing and stuff like that....

So my friend was very happy with the veggie ensemble I gifted her with the other evening. While we were visiting, she mentioned she'd like to give a small gift to some women she meets with occasionally, and she'd like something with a bee theme. So I said, "Hang on!" and I ran upstairs to the treehouse and returned with this:

I suggested the small tissue holders and I have just enough to make half a dozen. She was so happy with this news she was buzzing. The reason I bought this fabric a few years ago was because it was just too darn cute to pass up. I figured I'd find a use for it eventually. It's Sara Dipity I tell you!

So now that I've made tissue holders for just about everyone I know, I should probably make one for myself....and I have just the fabric:

Then again, maybe I'd be better off, especially after the big graduation party and all that celebrating out on the prairie, to find something with carrots and celery.....

1 comment:

Maddie Can Fly said...

Yes, Kansas is more known for wheat then corn. You will be about 3.5 hours from me -- I'm more northeast of Wichita. Some great town names -- but especially in Missouri -- Tightwad, Climax Springs -- just a couple that come to mind.