May 01, 2008

Daisy

So today, while anxiously awaiting the arrival of house guests , I finished my latest garden angel. I think I'll name her Daisy.
I wasn't quite sure how to decorate her collar. First, I attached a yellow fabric flower, but it hid her mouth, so I nixed that idea. I considered ribbon roses, but that would have clashed with the daisies. I finally decided on a gold heart button. In an attempt to tie the whole ensemble together, I decorated her shoes with small green fabric yo-yo's and gold beads. Thank goodness there are no fashion police in the doll world.
And since I was in an embellishing mood, I embroidered her wings, and glued on a store-bought bee. That last part is called cheating, I know. I crocheted her collar, and painted and beaded her shoes. I would have knit her a little something, but that would have definitely been over-the-top.

So while I'm showing you a few more pictures of Daisy, I'll tell you that Mr. Gadget had his car serviced today, in preparation for the possible road trip we may be going on shortly. And as we were having lunch, and waiting for the call that the car was ready, Mr. G. told me he was having second thoughts about taking his car, and maybe we should take mine instead.

Seems he was concerned about the possibility of getting a flat tire, in light of the fact that his car doesn't have a spare. That's incredible, I know. Even the service guy at the car dealership couldn't believe it. Apparently the weight of the spare would somehow unbalance the car and hinder its performance. But there is a flat fix-it kit which is supposed to allow a driver to repair a tire without having to even take it off the car. That's why there isn't a jack either....

One handy gadget that Mr. G's car has, though, is smart windshield wipers, and I'm going to miss these terribly if we have to take my car. Somehow the windshield senses if there is rain falling and then sends a message to the wipers to get to work. It's sure going to take a lot of extra effort if I have to: #1....figure out if it's raining, and #2....move that little lever thingie up and down.....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love Daisy! Even with a cheater bee.....

kathy b said...

daisy details make her awesome. LOVE LOVE LOVE the shoes