March 28, 2008

"Gone Buggy" is better than....

.....which reminds me, Mr. Gadget was up in the attic the other day and saw nary a bat. And that's a good thing, because they've been known to slip into our bedroom in the dead of night and cause quite a stir.

There hasn't been much time for blogging lately what with all the birthday-celebrating. But now that's all behind me and I'm elbow-deep in the fabric stash once again. I've been working on wedding dragonflies and trying to come up with different combinations of purple, lavender, silver and white--the chosen colors for the occasion. I did make a few of the bodies in muted gold tones to add a little variety because, after all, it is the spice of life.
Half of the bunch will have pins attached, and the other half will have magnets. They'll look nice on the fridge.
I found some great teeny-tiny magnets, thanks to my neighbor, that are strong enough to hold these critters to the fridge, along with several kingergarten paintings and maybe even a 5-lb. bag of potatoes. I do believe these dragonflies could be hood ornaments.

And in my spare time, I finished the rooster stitchery.
Now I need to hunt up a frame, which I'm sure I have somewhere in the disorganized mess that is our basement.

And I finished this too:
I was just about to toss it in the recycle bag when I was struck with a bright idea that this might be the beginnings of another paper mache project. And I wouldn't at all mind the opportunity to get my hands dirty with something other than the soapy water I've been using to clean bathroom fixtures. Stay tuned. And don't worry cuz! I won't get the pulpy, gooey paper mess anywhere near the dragonflies.....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hate to tell you, but those bats will return. It's just too cold yet for them, but once they decide they like your house, it's very difficult to get them to move. And expensive! Ours have roosted under the shingles on the face of the garage....they do keep the mosquitoes away, though.

kathy b said...

I just LOve the rooster/chickens .

Bats. Ewww. Such cool creatures when they aren't in a house. Good luck.