March 16, 2008

Call the Fire Department!

So yesterday Tech Guy stopped by for a belated birthday bash. Well, maybe it wasn't a bash exactly. Maybe more of a small, tasteful celebration with the parents. While I managed two loads of birthday laundry and kept a close eye on the Chicken Dijon, I gave him the collection of goodies I've been working on this past week. It should be noted that I alerted the fire department beforehand.

First, there was a pillow for his couch, and a small drawstring bag for whatever.....
Next, two placemats. Maybe he'll learn to make four-alarm chili. I used rooster fabric on the back.
You may remember the bathroom curtain I made from this fabric for his new apartment, along with the embroidered rooster bathroom art.
Next there was a tissue box cover. He and his friends may need to keep these handy if there's four-alarm chili simmering.

Finally, a remote control caddy for his couch. He'll never again be burned up about losing the remote.

Oh, and I also made him three beanbags. Tech Guy likes to juggle. It's absolutely amazing how fast he can juggle when the juggled objects are on fire...

I'm pretty sure Tech Guy had a nice time. He may have burned a little rubber as he pulled out of the driveway--loaded down with clean laundry, birthday loot, left-over Chicken Dijon and strawberry cheesecake.

Just before he left, he handed me this:

Apparently he'd heard about the recent insect infestation......

1 comment:

Jen said...

Hey! I make chicken dijon too. I wonder if your chicken dijon is the same as my chicken dijon? It's a family favorite here. I make it all the time!

H.B. to tech guy.