March 18, 2008

On the auction block

Never underestimate the intelligence of the muse. No sooner had I begun cow construction than an opportunity presented itself for this little bovine to serve a charitable purpose. Instead of roaming around the treehouse grazing on fabric scraps, she's off to the auction block where, with a little luck, she'll earn a few bucks for a local pre-school.

Now I'll get to work on the green cow (I know--I'm a day late) and the wedding dragonfly project that's already underway. And I'll finish up a birthday gift for Big City Girl, who we'll be seeing this weekend in the city. A crafty person can never have too many projects.

So next week Mr. Gadget will be having a big birthday. I won't say exactly which one, but rest assured it's BIG. Today this arrived at the house:
We're calling it Mrs. Gadget's birthday gift to Mr. Gadget, even though he went along on the shopping trip, tried it on, picked out the color, and may have even gotten his credit card out of his wallet. He's very happy with his gift, and is especially pleased that the remote control caddy I made him for Christmas has made a smooth transition from the old to the new.
I'm pretty sure if I put a glass of wine on the table next to this chair, Mr. Gadget will have absolutely no trouble sleeping right through his birthday.....

1 comment:

kathy b said...

My firefighter husband says they are called "bubba's " at the fire\house. As in, get outa the bubba, and cook pal! Hope he loves his bubba for a long time