March 10, 2008

Slightly more than zilch

There's not much crafty stuff to share on the blog at the moment, since my current projects fall under the category of birthday surprises. But I have made slow progress on the rooster pair. And it's a good thing I didn't post pictures of Tech Guy's birthday gifts-in-progress the other day. I popped in on him recently with an instant message and found he was entertaining a young woman. He was about to show her the mom blog, specifically the post about those rebellious ladybugs making a dash for the mail slot. TG and BCG both got a big chuckle out of that one. I'm sure they wonder about me sometimes.....
Here's a needle-pointed eyeglass case I made back in the 70's. This is known as blog-filler....old projects I've dredged up to fill space while the birthday projects are underway and under wraps. You can see there's a spot that needs repair. I'm sure I have no more yarn left, but I'll check in the very back of my yarn stash. I've never been known to throw anything out.
Here's more filler. This is a placemat I made....also a product of the 70's I'm pretty sure. I only use these when all others are in the wash. They are practical though. They have all the colors of the basic food groups.

Here's an embroidered piece I intended to applique onto a small pillow. I sold several at a craft fair once. There were lots of funny sayings and the fabric prints related to the messages.This is a larger version where I combined embroidery with fabric paint.

Well, enough of this filler material. I guess I'd better get back to the birthday business. And by the way, all the snow melted. I think it's because I kept on eye on it....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm SO with you on that riding vacuum cleaner!

kathy b said...

ohhhhhh a clean house IS a sign of a broken computer....how sad